Environmental Scientist / Technician
Terrapex’s Hamilton office is seeking to hire Environmental Scientists and Technicians to become part of our growing site investigation and remediation team.
The successful candidates will be involved as a junior or entry-level consultant in a variety of projects for the public and private sector. The work will include conducting Phase One and Phase Two Environmental Site Assessments, supervising contractors, undertaking facility decommissioning and soil and groundwater remediation programs, conducting environmental management programs (including air, water and soil vapour sampling), data interpretation and analysis, and preparing technical reports.
All work assignments require wearing personal protective equipment in adhering to Company and Client Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Candidates will need to have:
- an undergraduate degree or diploma in Environmental Science, Earth Science, Geology, or Engineering;
- basic knowledge of earth science, geology, hydrogeology, environmental chemistry, sampling and analysis;
- a vehicle and a valid driver’s license (Class G), as the position involves some travel within Ontario;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both verbal and written;
- Self-motivated and safety minded individual with an ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team.
~ Integrity ~ Technical Excellent ~ Respect ~ Personal Service ~ Practical Approach ~
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted
At Terrapex, we believe that a consulting career in engineering and applied sciences is more than just a job; it’s a passion. We also believe that quality work can make a difference, and that our employees should enjoy a fun, inclusive, and collaborative work environment, in balance with their personal lives.
If you share our enthusiasm for problem solving and providing realistic, pragmatic solutions to technical challenges, and are looking for a firm that will support your professional development and personal pursuit of excellence, then Terrapex is the place for you!
Terrapex offers a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Plans
- LTD, Life and AD & D insurance
- Additional, Health Spending Account
- Group RRSP Match
- Bonus Program
- Onsite Parking
- Business Casual Dress
- Wellness Program – Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Continued Educational Assistance Program
- Company Mileage Expense
- Company Events (Social, Charity and Sports)
Terrapex is committed to providing a diverse and barrier free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Terrapex will make accommodations available to applicants upon request during the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted from vendors, including recruiting, search and staffing agencies in the absence of a signed recruitment agreement shall not be considered binding and will become the independent property of Terrapex.