Decommissioning / Demolition Management
Decommissioning facilities and demolishing buildings or other existing infrastructure is often required during the remediation of contaminated sites or redevelopment of properties. Before this work can proceed, proper planning is necessary to ensure all pre-demolition inspections have been performed and the appropriate permitting has been obtained. This includes the identification, removal and disposal of chemical inventories, hazardous wastes, storage tanks, designated substances and other hazardous building materials, as well as the removal/capping of underground utilities/services.
Terrapex’s team of engineers and scientists have the technical expertise to manage, organize. and implement multi-faceted decommissioning/demolition projects by providing the following services:
- Pre-demolition building inspections, including Designated Substance Surveys (DSSs) and other hazardous materials assessments.
- Preparation of technical specifications and bid documents for abatement, demolition, and/or storage tank removal work.
- Obtaining permits and approvals required to complete the work.
- Contractor management/oversight throughout the project, including on-site supervision during the decommissioning of equipment and storage tank systems, as well as the removal of hazardous wastes, designated substances, and building materials.
- Ongoing liaison with the project architect and other team members.
- Documenting the completion of work/project close-out.