Terrapex’s Geotechnical Engineering Division knows that meeting our clients’ unique needs for field investigations requires having advanced technologies for a variety of applications.
Our division was one of the first consulting firms in North America to acquire a mini crawler-mounted multipurpose drilling rig. The “Terrier” rig is capable of conducting a wide range of percussion and rotary drilling in areas normally inaccessible by larger conventional drilling rigs.
Another important piece of technology we’ve invested in is our Marchetti Flat Plate Dilatometer, a sophisticated in-situ testing device that incorporates a pressure cell to record direct measurements. This data is used to accurately derive the geotechnical parameters and engineering behaviour of soils, which is used to offer reliable design innovation.
In situ Testing
- Confined Access Drilling (Terrier)
- Conventional Auger Drilling
- Rock Core Drilling
- Test Pitting
- Slope Stability Evaluations
- Standard Penetration Testing (SPT)
- Dynamic Cone Penetration Testing (DCPT)
- Flat Plate Dilatometer (DMT) Soundings
- Undrained Shear Strength Determinations
- Packer Infiltration Testing