Terrapex is searching for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to grow and manage our geotechnical division in Ottawa. The successful candidate will be able to provide geotechnical engineering services on a variety of projects including, land development, transportation, commercial/industrial projects, and material inspection and testing services in the Ottawa region, working out of our office in Ottawa.
Working under the leadership of our Geotechnical Services Line Manager and with the support of geotechnical staff throughout the organization, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• expanding our Ottawa based geotechnical laboratory;
• training junior environmental staff to carry out geotechnical testing and inspection;
• preparation of technical proposals and reports;
• management of geotechnical investigations,
• providing field inspection and testing services;
• recruiting and training junior geotechnical engineering staff;
• development and maintenance of client relationships;
• managing geotechnical staff and resource allocation in the Ottawa office; and
• overseeing the administration of the Ottawa geotechnical office, with support from Terrapex resources in Ottawa and Toronto.
Requirements and Experience:
• degree from an accredited university in Geological, Geotechnical, or Civil (geotechnical option) Engineering;
• registered as a Professional Engineer with Professional Engineers Ontario;
• a minimum of 7 years of diverse geotechnical engineering and inspection and testing experience;
• strong technical and project management skills;
• superior verbal and written communication skills;
• valid Driver’s License; and
• knowledge of local geotechnical conditions and the regional market.
Successful candidates will also possess:
• Entrepreneurial spirit with previous business development experience;
• Energetic, self-motivated, results-oriented go-getter;
• Composed, confident demeanor, comfortable in a variety of settings (e.g. clients, contractors, technical staff, executives);
• Flexible, responsive can-do attitude, with willingness to take on wide scope of responsibilities to build geotechnical business.
At Terrapex, we believe that a consulting career in engineering and applied sciences is more than just a job; it’s a passion. We also believe that quality work can make a difference, and that our employees should enjoy a fun, inclusive, and collaborative work environment, in balance with their personal lives.
Terrapex offers a comprehensive package including:
• Health & Dental Plans
• LTD, Life and AD & D insurance
• Additional, Health Spending Account
• Group RRSP Match
• Paid Sick Time
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Wellness Initiatives
• Flexible Work Arrangements
• Memberships in professional societies
• Paid professional designations
• Ongoing training and development
• Social and charity events
• Bonus opportunities
Terrapex offers a competitive rate of pay, commensurate with experience. It is expected that the position may require some additional work, as the work schedule will conform to the hours of the project site.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Terrapex is committed to providing a diverse and barrier free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Terrapex will make accommodations available to applicants upon request during the recruitment process.
Terrapex has implemented a COVID-19 Plan and associated policies and procedures. It should be noted that Terrapex currently requires all persons joining the Company to be fully vaccinated, as defined by Health Canada, or to provide satisfactory documentation indicating the individual has a bona-fide medical condition or other such recognized status as stipulated under the Human Rights Code that would support an accommodation.
Disclaimer: Unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted from vendors, including recruiting, search and staffing agencies in the absence of a signed recruitment agreement shall not be considered binding and will become the independent property of Terrapex.