GIS Technician/Data Management Specialist
Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa, or Durham
Terrapex is a Canadian, employee-owned company that provides specialized environmental, geotechnical, hydrogeological, and health and safety consulting services throughout Ontario. The firm has offices in Toronto, Hamilton, Durham and Ottawa, with a multi-disciplinary team of consulting engineers and scientists comprising of more than 100 full‑time staff.
Terrapex has built its business upon its core values of integrity, technical excellence, respect, personal service, and practical approach. Terrapex’s dedicated and diverse team pride themselves on their reputation for quality work, which is reflected by the firm’s steady growth since its founding in 1995.
The company is actively searching for an early to mid-career GIS technician / data management specialist to join one of our Ontario offices. Work experience in a professional services consulting environment would be an asset.
Candidates will need to have:
- A post-secondary degree in Geomatics, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering or a related field of study;
- Experience using commercial GIS software (e.g., ESRI ArcGIS);
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 Suite (particularly Word and Excel) and Autodesk (AutoCAD, Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D) software packages;
- Strong cartographic skills including the ability to adhere to standards and communicate highly complex information in an accessible and attractive manner;
- Demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced deadline and deliverable‑oriented work setting; and,
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Exceptional candidates lacking one or more of the above qualifications may also be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Terrapex, we believe that a consulting career in engineering and applied sciences is more than just a job; it’s a passion. We also believe that quality work can make a difference, and that our employees should enjoy a fun, inclusive, and collaborative work environment, in balance with their personal lives.
If you share our enthusiasm for problem solving and providing realistic, pragmatic solutions to technical challenges, and are looking for a firm that will support your professional development and personal pursuit of excellence, then Terrapex is the place for you!
Terrapex offers a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Plans
- LTD, Life and AD & D insurance
- Additional, Health Spending Account
- Group RRSP Match
- Bonus Program
- Onsite Parking
- Business Casual Dress
- Wellness Program – Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Continued Educational Assistance Program
- Company Mileage Expense
- Company Events (Social, Charity and Sports)
~ Integrity ~ Technical Excellent ~ Respect ~ Personal Service ~ Practical Approach ~
TERRAPEX is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, TERRAPEX will make every effort in providing accommodations to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Although we appreciate all interested applications, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted from vendors, including recruiting, search and staffing agencies in the absence of a signed recruitment agreement shall not be considered binding and will become the independent property of Terrapex.