Junior or Recent Graduate - Hydrogeologist
Terrapex is a Canadian, employee-owned company that provides specialized environmental, geotechnical, hydrogeological, and health and safety consulting services throughout Ontario. The firm has offices in Toronto, Hamilton, Durham, and Ottawa, with a multi-disciplinary team of consulting engineers and scientists comprising of more than 110 full‑time staff.
Terrapex has built its business upon its core values of integrity, technical excellence, respect, personal service, and practical approach. Terrapex’s dedicated and diverse team pride themselves on their reputation for quality work, which is reflected by the firm’s steady growth since its founding in 1995.
Terrapex is seeking a recent graduate to support our growing Hydrogeology Services team at our Toronto office location. The role will also involve occasionally performing other geoscience and geotechnical tasks for our diverse clients who offer challenging and interesting projects.
- Perform a wide variety of field work tasks. Primary tasks will include supervision / observation of programs of drilling and monitoring well installation, groundwater sampling, soil and bedrock logging, soil sampling, groundwater level monitoring, installation of dataloggers, and slug tests.
- Deliver work in rigorous accordance with Terrapex and client-based safety protocols.
- Perform a wide variety of office tasks. Primary tasks will include data compilation and tabulation, charts and graphs, preparation of borehole records, map and figure production, review of compliance of water quality regulations, analysis of field tests, writing and review of environmental trends.
- Opportunity for continued hands on training and career development in line with our Company’s Procedures and Best Practices.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in earth science, or civil engineering with an emphasis in water resources, and at least two courses in hydrogeology.
- Eligible or interest in working towards professional registration (P.Geo., P.Eng.).
- Recent graduate or 1-3 years of relevant professional experience (preferably in consulting).
- Understanding of soil and bedrock classifications, overburden and bedrock drilling methods, in-situ hydraulic testing (slug, pumping tests), and soil and groundwater sampling protocols.
- Familiarity with geoscience software such as borehole logging, aquifer testing, Surfer, ArcGIS, and/or groundwater modelling.
- Ability and willingness to undertake fieldwork, in a range of weather conditions. Most field work will be within the GTA, but sometimes may require working in remote locations with overnight stays for several days.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic and diverse consulting environment that requires flexibility and the willingness to work overtime, as required.
- Driven to provide high quality and dependable results.
- Be eligible for Provincial and Federal Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory frameworks for groundwater withdrawal, contaminated sites assessment and management, and environmental assessment would be assets
- A valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle on short notice.
Terrapex offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Please email resumes directly to email@example.com.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Terrapex is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Terrapex will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted from vendors, including recruiting, search and staffing agencies in the absence of a signed recruitment agreement shall not be considered binding and will become the independent property of Terrapex.