Project Manager, Environmental Services
Terrapex is a Canadian, employee-owned company that provides specialized environmental, geotechnical, hydrogeological, and health and safety consulting services throughout Ontario. The firm has offices in Toronto, Hamilton, Durham and Ottawa, with a multi-disciplinary team of consulting engineers and scientists comprising of more than 100 full‑time staff.
Terrapex has built its business upon its core values of integrity, technical excellence, respect, personal service, and practical approach. Terrapex’s dedicated and diverse team pride themselves on their reputation for quality work, which is reflected by the firm’s steady growth since its founding in 1995.
Duties and Responsibilities
Terrapex is searching for an experienced environmental practitioner to manage the delivery of environmental site assessment, environmental remediation / contamination management, and excess soils management projects of varying complexity located in Ontario, and particularly within the Greater Toronto Area.
Working under the leadership and with the support of the Manager, Site Assessment & Remediation and Vice President, Environmental Services, successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Developing scopes of work and preparing and submitting proposals;
- Managing projects from start to finish, including designing work programs, identifying and allocating resources, planning, delegating and scheduling project tasks, and managing budgets and deliverables;
- Overseeing the preparation of accurate and complete reports and performing QA/QC on technical work;
- Developing and maintaining trustful relationships with clients, regulators, team members, and other stakeholders;
- Providing technical expertise and advice to project staff;
- Participating in business development and other corporate activities and initiatives;
- Promoting a safety culture in all aspects of work; and,
- Exemplifying the core values and vision and mission statements of Terrapex in all aspects of their work.
Prior experience in managing environmental work programs at active and former fuel retailing facilities would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to advance their careers by applying their technical knowledge and leadership skills as part of a multi-disciplinary profession team. As a member of the Environmental Services project management team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a variety of interesting projects, accelerate your personal and professional development, and contribute to the continued growth and accomplishment of Terrapex.
Requirements and Experience:
- A university degree or college diploma in a relevant field, such as environmental science, earth science, geology, chemistry, environmental or civil engineering, environmental technology, or site assessment and remediation;
- Five or more years of progressive experience in an environmental consulting role;
- Prior recognition as a “Qualified Person” (per Sec. 5, O. Reg. 153/04) by the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks, or being immediately eligible for such recognition;
- A thorough understanding of regulations and standards applicable to site assessment and remediation work programs, including O. Reg. 153/04, O. Reg. 406/19, Reg. 903, and CSA , ASTM and TSSA Standards;
- Strong technical and project management skills;
- Superior interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; and,
- A valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License.
Exceptional candidates lacking one or more of the above qualifications may also be considered.
At Terrapex, we believe that a consulting career in engineering and applied sciences is more than just a job; it’s a passion. We also believe that quality work can make a difference, and that our employees should enjoy a fun, inclusive, and collaborative work environment, in balance with their personal lives.
Terrapex offers a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Health & Dental Plans
- LTD, Life and AD & D insurance
- Additional, Health Spending Account
- Group RRSP Match
- Bonus Program
- Onsite Parking
- Business Casual Dress
- Wellness Program – Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Continued Educational Assistance Program
- Company Mileage Expense
- Company Events (Social, Charity and Sports)
If you share our enthusiasm for problem solving and providing realistic, pragmatic solutions to technical challenges, and are looking for a firm that will support your professional development and personal pursuit of excellence, then Terrapex is the place for you!
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Terrapex is committed to providing a diverse and barrier free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Terrapex will make accommodations available to applicants upon request during the recruitment process.
Disclaimer: Unsolicited referrals and/or resumes submitted from vendors, including recruiting, search and staffing agencies in the absence of a signed recruitment agreement shall not be considered binding and will become the independent property of Terrapex.